Skience is committed to honoring your privacy and protecting your personal information. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, privacy, and security of all user and visitor personal information and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
Authorization of Use
We respect the privacy of those who use our website. You should understand, however, that by the very nature of the medium, their communications with us, such as e-mail, reveal their e-mail addresses and other potentially identifying information. The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our website. We collect and use your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your personal information. We will explain this further below.
We safeguard customer information in accordance with established security procedures. You should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. We have however implemented reasonable and prudent physical and electronic safeguards to help protect private information from being intercepted over the Internet. We make reasonable and prudent use of transmission encryption, firewall barriers and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Skience systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Your information is protected both online and offline, and for sensitive and personal identifiable information we collect or store, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees and other persons that perform work on our behalf that need the information to perform a specific task are granted access to personally identifiable information. These individuals are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and incur liability including but not limited to termination if those obligations are not met. The computers and/or servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure and monitored environment. We take reasonable steps to keep the personal information we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal information. We encourage you to access your personal information through your account from time to time to ensure that it is up to date.
Information We Collect
We collect from you to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill a service that we provide to our clients. The type of information that we collect varies depending on the type of products, services or inquiries you make, and may include:
- Information that you give us by filling out forms on our website, including, at a minimum, your name, contact information and your company information.
- Information that you share with us via direct communication, including, at a minimum, telephone calls, emails, and in person.
- Information that our clients give us in order to fulfill our services, including, at a minimum, your name, contact information, date of birth, identification number, financial information, and household information. Additionally, you or an organization that sponsors your access is required to give certain information necessary to uniquely identify you and protect your own security. This information is also required to ensure the security of our systems and our data and to accurately identify you to provide services.
- Information that third parties give us in order to fulfill their services to our mutual clients, including, at a minimum, your name, contact information, date of birth, identification number, financial information and household information. In these instances as well, you or such a third party organization is likewise required to give certain information necessary to uniquely identify you and protect your own security. As before, this information is also required to ensure the security of our systems and our data and to accurately identify you to provide services.
What Is Non-Personal Information?
Non-personal information is information we collect through this website that does not identify you as an individual person. It includes any of the following items:
- the type of web browser software you use
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (including client and server IP addresses, usernames, ports, queries, or other status-related information)
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website
- the date and time you access our website
- which pages you have visited on our website
- the links and features used
- the content viewed or requested.
Further applications may contact our servers periodically, for example to check for updates or to send us information relating to service usage and gather non-personal information
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information, as used in privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. Personal information is information we collect through this website that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- state of residence
- phone numbers,
- street address,
- preferred language,
- purpose for participating in any programs,
- account information, user names, passwords and user settings,
- bank account number or credit card details and other such financial information.
Use of Information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Skience uses this personal information to respond to your requests, enhance its products and services, and to provide our services to our clients or to perform the contract we entered into with our clients. We may use your personal information based on your consent. By providing Skience your personal information, you are actively agreeing to interact with us and giving us consent to use your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please remember, however, that withdrawing your consent does not remove other legal basis to process your information where applicable.
In some places on this website you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself. For example, you may:
- create an account
- make a purchase or request services
- use or register into our products or services or use an electronic activation for such, where your device and application type, as well as unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers are sent to us
- fill out a registration form, a survey, an e-mail form or the like
- or otherwise interact or engage with us.
Skience will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collect it unless we reasonably believe that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
How Do We Use Non-Personal Information?
Because non-personal information cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way, there are few restrictions on the ways that we can use or share non-personal information. Primarily, we will use this data to make enhancements to the website that are specifically tailored to improve the experience of the user community. One way that we use non-personal information is to demonstrate user trends on the website. Often, this is done by aggregating the data gleaned from non-personal information. This aggregated, de-identified data might be shared with outside parties who are employed to implement improvements to the site.
How Do We Keep and Use Personal Information?
We may keep and use your personal information:
- to send you information you requested;
- to respond to your requests;
- to develop records, including records of your personal information or records related to your account;
- for internal program monitoring;
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, etc.) In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and is treated as such;
- to protect our rights or property;
- to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare;
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
- Access – we use these cookies to identify accounts which allow access beyond the public areas of the website and ensure access to such, including premium access or access to demonstration software or services.
- Performance – we use these cookies to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to track error messages, and to determine improvements to our website.
- Functionality – we use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences you indicate to us.
Our (First Party) Cookies and Third-Party Cookies provide analytics for our website
If you would rather we did not use our (first party) cookies or third party cookies when you visit us, click here for information on how to configure your browser settings to reject cookies. Please note, your action in disabling these types of cookies will result in limiting some functionality of our website. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer’s hard drive by searching for and deleting files with “cookie” in it.
We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
Why Do We Process Personal Information?
We may process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing products and services: We may use your personal information to provide you with our products and services, to process your requests or as otherwise may be necessary to perform the contracts we entered into with our clients and your providers, to identify you as well as to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Developing and managing products and services: We may use your personal information to develop and manage our products, services, customer care, sales and marketing. We may combine personal information collected in connection with your use of a particular product and/or service with other personal information we may have about you, unless such personal information was collected for a purpose, where the original purpose is incompatible with this purpose.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal information to communicate with you, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services and to contact you for customer care related purposes.
- Marketing, advertising and making recommendations: We may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer and to conduct market research when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed. We may use your personal information to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant services, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content in our services. This may include displaying our content and third-party content.
What Is Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information?
Our legal basis for processing your personal information is dependent on the purpose for processing and may vary as described in a future Privacy Supplement or Privacy Disclosure applicable to the service you are using. In general, we process your personal information under the following legal bases: One or more bases may apply simultaneously.
- Performance of a contract: We process your personal information to process your requests, to perform our obligations necessary to perform the contracts we entered into with our clients and your providers;
- Your consent: We process your personal information if you have consented to the processing activity. You may revoke your consent at any time. Doing so will bar us from further processing of your personal information based on your consent, but will not impact the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before it was withdrawn. Some of the features of our products and services might be only available based on consent;
- Legal obligations: We process your personal information as needed to comply with laws and regulations;
Skience does not sell your information to third parties. In compliance with federal and state laws, we may disclose information we collect to nonaffiliated businesses such as:
- Companies that perform services for us or on your behalf;
- Companies that participate in joint marketing activities with us;
- Financial services companies (such as your custodian and brokers or dealers) who effect transactions on your behalf;
- Technology Service Providers and other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative; and
- Companies participating with us in a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or business exchange.
In all such circumstances, the information is transferred under strict conditions of confidentiality and security.
- Mandatory disclosures: We can, in some situations, be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to law enforcement, a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting Web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors or is illegal. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal information in accordance with applicable law to defend our own legitimate interests, for example, in legal proceedings or in connection with governmental requests and filings. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property,
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare.
How Long Do We Retain Personal Information?
We endeavor to only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, and to retain such for no longer than is necessary for such purposes. The length of time personal information is retained, and criteria for determining that time, are dependent on the nature of the personal information and the purpose for which it was provided. For example, for your personal information related to managing your account, such as name, email address, and account content and preferences, are maintained for as long as they are retained by you within your account and for a period of time thereafter, currently, for three years, to allow you to re-activate your account without a loss of information. We may also retain your personal information as necessary to maintain logs and business records for analysis, security, and/or audit purposes, comply with record retention requirements under the law, work to deal with any complaints regarding your use of our services, and comply with our legal obligations, protect or defend our rights, resolve disputes and enforce our contracts.
Are there Special Rules Related to Children’s Privacy?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. This Web site is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 18. If you are a child under age 18, please do not send us any information about yourself. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us. If we become aware of information we hold from children under the age of 18, we will permanently delete it. We encourage all parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. If you violate this restriction to use of this Web site by individuals aged 18 years or older, you represent that you are 16 years of age or older and, if you are under the age of 18, you either are an emancipated minor or have obtained the legal consent of your parent or legal guardian to participate on the Web site.
Are there Special Notices and Rules for Residents of California?
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your personal information with third parties. If you reside in California and you have provided us with your personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by email with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line to Privacy@skience.com allow 30 days for a response. Please ensure you attest that you are a California resident, provide your complete name (first, middle, last), your current California address, and an email address for responding to you. We will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may also provide you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- access the personal information we process about you;
- know what personal information is collected about you and if any information is sold or disclosed, and to whom;
- request the deletion of your personal information, if applicable;
- opt-out from the sale of your personal information, if applicable;
- not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights above.
To exercise any applicable rights, please contact us by email with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line to Privacy@skience.com Please ensure you attest that you are a California resident, provide your complete name (first, middle, last), your current California address, and an email address for responding to you. You may be required to submit proof of your identity and/or address, if we are unable to confirm your identity or cannot verify that you are a California resident. We will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. We commit to response to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, subject to proof of identity and authorization.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA UNDER THE AGE OF 18. In accordance with Section 22581 of the California Business and Professions Code, you may request and obtain the removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us by email “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line to Privacy@skience.com. Please provide your complete name (first, middle, last) and an email address for responding to you, specify the site(s) or service(s) to which your removal request relates, including any URLs where the content or information is posted, and the specific content or information you posted for which you are requesting removal. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Is there Special Information for EU Residents?
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION ONLY. Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information, so that you may receive information about our processing of your personal data and a copy of your personal data;
- request correction of your personal information, so that you may request us to update or correct inaccurate data we have about you;
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information, so that you may object to our reliance on our legitimate interests and expressed bases as the foundation of our processing if you believe it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- request restriction of processing of your personal information, so that you may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- request transfer of your personal information, so that you may ask us to transfer your personal data in a machine-readable format to a third party of your choice; and
- withdraw your consent or opt-out, so that you may change your subscription setting at any time and stop receiving any direct marketing communications which you have earlier consented to or otherwise requested.
In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Clarification Note for International Users/Users Outside of the United States
Limits Related to Links
Questions, Comments and Notices